Despite forming officially in 2016, Colossal Influence, via owner Kristian Sturt, brokered our first brand deal in 2012 starting Colossal Influence as a UK influencer marketing agency.
Kristian, who at the time was working as a football journalist and content writer, had developed a significant Twitter audience. His larger accounts: FootieWriter and WATNCelebrity started to see brand outreach, and so started in its earliest form, Colossal Influence.
Kristian went on to form friendships with social creators across all different platforms at meetups, events, and content shoots.
The Birth of the Influencer Talent Agency – Colossal Influence
In 2012, influencer marketing via social creators was only a few years old. A plethora of mistakes had been made because this was a new industry. A lot of people who didn’t have huge audiences suddenly had them. Brands wanted to leverage these numbers in the key 18-24 demographic. However, neither side, through any fault of their own had any the experience, which lead to a huge disconnect.
Creators knew how to create great content. Brands knew how to work on more traditional forms of marketing. However, neither knew how to work together properly. There was a huge gap in the market to fill. With a background in digital marketing, content, finance and business, Kristian wanted to make the transition to influencer agent / agency owner.
Why is Kristian well known in influencer marketing
- One of the 30 under 30 to watch by the Sports Industry Next Gen Awards sponsored by Barclays
- Systemically learnt how to build and develop social accounts. As well as a Twitter audience totalling over 1.5m (with verified accounts), Kristian has developed Instagram accounts to over 100,000, Youtube accounts to over 50,000, and has built a Twitch audience to partnered level.
- Lead Colossal to be named as one of the top 21 leading influencer agencies by Influencer Marketing Hub.
- Has worked as a consultant for some of the largest London PR firms.
- Has worked with / continues to work with all major social platforms in some capacity as an influencer marketing consultant.
- Has delivered talks on influencer marketing to students of marketing, experts in the field and executives in marketing. One of his most recent talks was at Bournemouth University.
- Nominated multiple times for; best social, influencer management agency and ‘best newcomer’ across different (non-paid for) companies.
- Asked to judge multiple awards categories in influencer marketing.
- Formed great relationships with some of the biggest creators in the UK and the US and some of the largest brands.
UK Influencer Marketing Agency – Colossal Influence in 2023
11 years on from that first brand deal, Colossal Influence via Kristian and a team of freelancers, work with an exclusive influencer roster. They continue to work with PR firms and brands as an influencer marketing consultant and with over 250 other creators on a non-exclusive basis. From detailed influencer marketing strategy to one off influencer brand deals and everything in-between, Colossal Influence has become a central hub for influencer marketing.
To work with Colossal Influence, please reach out to us via our socials below or via our contact us page.Follow us on Social Media